Table of Contents
How To Make Basbousa With Coconut Recipe
Basbousa with coconut is a traditional Middle Eastern sweet cake or dessert that originated in Egypt. It is made from a semolina batter and sweetened with and orange flower water or rose water simple syrup. In this dessert also use yogurt and desiccated coconut. this dissert is most famous in Arabic countries just like baklava.
Ingredients of the dessert
|Desiccated coconut||90 Grams|
|Sugar||1 Cup /220 grams|
|Fine flour||75 Grams (½ cup)|
|Melted butter||200 Grams|
|Blanched almond||25-30 No|
|Sugar||1 ½ Cup|
You May also like
Preparation / instruction
- in the medium bowl mix together semolina, flour, sugar yogurt, oil coconut, and baking powder, Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan stir together the water 1 ¾ cup sugar and rose water .bring to boil and boil for 4-5 minutes remove from heat and set aside to cool to remove temperature.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees our and spread the semolina batter into the bottom of a 9*13 inch try. Slice into squares or diamond shape and place on almonds half on to each place
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven or until light brown. lastly, grill until the top is golden. remain 3-4 minutes is the oven further
- Remove from the oven and pour the prepared syrup over the Barbosa squire when the syrup becomes part of the basbosa.
- Basbusa dessert is ready to serve, serve warm.