How To Make Chicken Patties & Puff Pastry At Home Step By Step Recipe
Chicken Patties & Puff Pastry is my favourite snack for the holidays because “I don’t like puff pastry with chicken stuffing”, nobody has ever said unless you are vegetarian/vegan. I shared a recipe at this time of year in 2012, so I thought it was time to refresh the images and share a slightly different version for Chicken Puff Pastry, or better known as Chicken Patties. December is a good time to think back about things and think about the goals for next year.
I don’t know how you are, but 2015 passed so quickly, and the last few months were blurry. One of my primary goals for food, pleasure and health are the videos. I have no idea how / where to start, but I expect videos soon. Chicken Empanadas If you are from Southeast Asia, you are probably familiar with chicken puff pastry, and I have no idea why it is called chicken empanadas. You can fill it with beef or take a vegetarian route with potatoes and peas. It doesn’t matter which filler you work with, make sure it is not dry.
Ingredients of puff pastry
|Margarine /unipuff||½ kg|
Preparation / instruction
- Sift together flour and salt into a chilled large metal bowl, set a grater in flour mixture and coarsely grate frozen butter into flour, gently lifting flour and tossing to coat butter.
- Drizzle five tbsp ice water evenly over flour mixture and gently stir with the fork until incorporated, test mixture by gently squeezing a small handful, when it has the proper texture,
- it will hold together without crumbling apart gather the mixture together and form into five inches square, then chill wrapped in a plastic wrap, until firm about 30 minutes, the dough will be lumpy & streaky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 15 b 8 inches rectangle. Arrange dough with short side nearest you then fold the dough into thirds up and the top third down over dough now add butter & unipuff mixture and rewrap the dough, rewrap dough and chill will firm, about 30 minutes
- Arrange dough with a short side nearest you on a floured surface and repeat rolling out, folding and chilling two more times, brush off any axes flour, then wrap dough and chill at least 1 hour.
You can also check:https://theinfodom.com/how-to-irish-soda-bread-with-raisins-and-caraway/
For chicken filling
|Chicken (Boneless)||½kg (Boiled)|
- Heat oil in the frying pan then add ginger garlic paste and a sliced onion stir for a couple of minutes, Now add boiled chicken salt and pepper to taste, turmeric powder, red chillies, roasted crushed cumin and coriander seeds thoroughly
- Add chopped fresh coriander in the last
- when the mixture is ready, take off the flame and put aside to bring down the temperature.
How to Stuff chicken filling in puff pastry
- Roll puff pastry with the rolling pin and cut into two inches circles.
- Grease a baking pan with butter or oil.
- Spread puff pastry circle on the baking tray and top with chicken mixture
- place another puff pastry circle on the chicken mixture circle and press to combine edges.
- Do egg wash on chicken patties and place the baking tray in the oven and bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- After the required time take out of the oven and enjoy with your favourite dip