Table of Contents
Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
Introduction: Indulge your taste buds with the rich and luscious delight of a homemade Chocolate Fudge Cake. This sumptuous dessert is a perfect treat for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday celebration, a cozy family gathering, or just a sweet craving that needs to be satisfied. Follow this easy-to-make recipe, and you’ll be rewarded with a moist, chocolatey masterpiece that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Ingredients: For the Cake:
|All-Purpose Flour||1 And 3/4 Cups|
|Granulated Sugar||1 And 1/2 Cups|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||3/4 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 And 1/2 Teaspoons|
|Baking Soda||1 And 1/2 Teaspoons|
|2 Large Eggs, At Room Temperature||2 Large|
|Whole Milk, At Room Temperature||1 Cup|
|1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil||1/2 Cup|
|Pure Vanilla Extract||2 Teaspoons|
|Boiling Water||1 Cup|
For the Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
|Unsalted Butter, Softened||1 Cup|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||1 And 1/2 Cups|
|5 Cups Powdered Sugar||5 Cups|
|Whole Milk||2/3 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||2 Teaspoons Pure|
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or line the bottoms with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the batter is smooth and well blended.
- Stir in the boiling water into the batter. The batter will be thin, but this is what helps create a moist and tender cake.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, prepare the Chocolate Fudge Frosting. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the cocoa powder and powdered sugar to the butter, alternating with the milk. Mix well after each addition until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, ensuring that the frosting has a rich chocolate flavor.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a generous amount of the Chocolate Fudge Frosting over the top.
- Carefully place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining frosting, covering the top and sides.
- For an extra touch, you can garnish the cake with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, or fresh berries.
- Serve and enjoy this heavenly Chocolate Fudge Cake with a glass of milk, a cup of coffee, or simply on its own!
With this delightful Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe, you can easily create a show-stopping dessert that will leave everyone’s taste buds dancing with joy. This cake’s moist and rich texture, coupled with the delectable Chocolate Fudge Frosting, guarantees a slice of pure indulgence in every bite. So, get ready to impress your family and friends with your baking prowess and treat them to this heavenly chocolate delight! Happy baking!
Nutritional Information for Chocolate Fudge Cake:
While the Chocolate Fudge Cake is undeniably a delicious treat, it’s essential to be aware of its nutrient values and calorie content to enjoy it in moderation.
Please note that the nutritional values provided below are approximate and can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes:
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12th of the cake, assuming a 9-inch round cake)
- Calories: Approximately 400-450 calories per slice.
- Carbohydrates: Around 55-60 grams per slice, depending on the exact ingredients and frosting used.
- Protein: Approximately 5-7 grams per slice. The presence of eggs and milk in the cake contributes to the protein content.
- Fat: Around 20-25 grams per slice, primarily from the vegetable oil and butter used in the cake and frosting.
- Sugar: A slice of Chocolate Fudge Cake typically contains 35-45 grams of sugar, largely from the granulated sugar and added sweeteners.
- Fiber: While chocolate cake is delicious, it is not a significant source of dietary fiber. You might find around 1-2 grams of fiber per slice, depending on the ingredients.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Chocolate Fudge Cake doesn’t provide a significant amount of essential vitamins and minerals. However, cocoa powder, one of the main ingredients, contains small amounts of iron, magnesium, and potassium.
Note: These values are only approximate and can change based on the specific recipe and ingredients used. If you are concerned about the nutritional content, consider using alternative ingredients like whole wheat flour, natural sweeteners, or reduced-fat options for a slightly healthier version of the cake.
Remember, while indulging in a slice of Chocolate Fudge Cake is a delightful treat, it’s best to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Pair it with healthier food choices, such as fruits or nuts, and make sure to engage in regular physical activity to maintain a healthy lifestyle.